Unleash the potential of your neighborhood.
ABCD (Asset Based Community Development) is a powerful and inclusive approach to community development. Focus your effort on discovering and mobilizing the resources that are already present in your community. When people become more productive together - they exercise their power to address problems and realize dreams!
- Learn to tap the potential of your neighborhood
- Discover how to build more community engagement and involvement
- Work on real life situations and develop action plans to take home, church or small group
- Be challenged to be a good neighbor
Below is a quick look at the principles and strategies of ABCD:
- Finding Assets & Gifts
Learning to look at people and neighborhoods as half-full, discerning the personal gifts and collective assets within
- Uncovering What People Care about Enough to Act
Looks at how to engage in listening and learning conversations which reveal dreams and concerns that motivate people toward action
- Distinguishing of Roles People and Programs
Individuals, grassroots associations, agencies, and institutions each have strengths and weaknesses, here we discover what they are and how to strive for balancing the best elements
- Leading by Stepping Back
Helps organizations, churches, agencies to lead from a posture of humility, empowering others toward their own solutions, ideas and projects
- Mobilizing Groups to Action
What's next after discovering common interests? How do we create opportunities to work together?